WELCOME BACK, Guest ( )
alias here
you talk about yourself here. the things on top are for you to link to your characters' profiles, and i guess choose your favorite face claim for the big images!

also, if you go on for too long, this will scroll and that's pretty legit tbh

alias here
you talk about yourself here. the things on top are for you to link to your characters' profiles, and i guess choose your favorite face claim for the big images!

alias here

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Games? Snacks?! I'm there!, OPEN to college students
Danielle Turner
 Posted: Jan 29 2014, 11:23 PM

Advanced Member
Group: Civilian

Date:August 27th
Time: 6:00pm

Danielle smiled broadly as she headed for the CAB which was hosting game night during orientation week. The first few days were a whirlwind; meeting new people, excitement quickly replacing fears of starting somewhere new and so far from home, and making sure she was prepared for when classes started. She had enjoyed the activities so far but was looking forward to tonight the most. She absolutely loved board and tabletop games ranging from the usual Clue and Monopoly and even to some lesser known games like Carcassonne and Unspeakable Words. And let’s not forget card games. She was hoping to find some people who knew how to play Euchre since it was a favorite past time from where she grew up and so far she had not met anyone who knew what the game was let alone played it.

She’d opted for something comfortable; a pair of dark denim jeans that looked nice but didn’t cling to her like a second skin, a navy blue tank top with a maroon and dark blue flannel, short sleeve, button up shirt over it and thanks to the pleasant evening, the shirt was unbuttoned to allow the soft breeze work its’ way beneath the tank top and shirt causing it lift slightly. Her frizzy yet curly hair was down for the moment, but she had a hair tie around her wrist just in case she’d need it.

Once inside, it wasn’t hard to find the room housing the event and she was happy to see people already there. The majority seemed to have already dived into a few games while a few stragglers circled the snack table or watched the games with interest. Those hosting the event welcomed her, gave her a brief recap of what was there and told her to help herself and jump right in. Danielle thanked them with a bright smile and found her way over to the snack table. She had caught chocolate out of the corner of her eye and there was no way she could pass that up. Grabbing a small plastic plate, she grabbed a few goodies and moved over to peruse the games not being used at the time. She was a little surprised at the abundance and variety of selections and sure enough there were a couple decks of cards. So she stood, chocolate chip cookie in one hand while balancing the plate in the other, her attention focused on the games at hand.
PMEmail
^
Serin Hawke
 Posted: Apr 17 2014, 04:48 PM

It had been just one of those days where Serin figured getting out would be a good idea. He could meet new people, have some fun, and escape the dorm walls even though he often liked his inclusion spots. Today was just too good of a day to turn down going out and exploring a bit. Of course orientation week was supposed to be full of activities, some that the freshman and new people were supposed to participate in, but that didn't mean everyone new or freshman would. However, Serin was one to participate, after all why not, when was a moment like this going to come again. He'd be too busy with classes to do random stuff to often.

He had arrived just after Danielle had showed up. The bustle of the room excited him as he looked around though. His eye caught sight of the table with games stacked on it as well as the one with food. Casually he made his way over to where the food and stacked games were and had grabbed himself a plate of food as well before perusing the other table. Swiveling around past Danielle, he too gave the games a gander. In thought, he tilted his head at the games, trying to decide what he should pick to play with someone else. Of course he could of gone off to play some game with other people who already clearly were engrossed in game mode, but he wanted to start something fresh so he had to think. There were a good few games left uno, skip-bo, cribbage, jinga blocks, sorry, yatzee, trivia pursuit, etc. It just was a matter of what he wanted to try.

"Hmmm...." he mused deeply and then stated, "So many good choices, so hard to choose."
PMEmail
^
Danielle Turner
 Posted: Apr 20 2014, 07:26 PM

Advanced Member

Danielle subconsciously registered someone had moved behind her, but her attention was so engrossed in the games in front of her that she merely nodded in agreement, her eyes still scanning the games when Serin made his comment. “Not only that,” she began her form slightly inclined in his direction while her eyes remained glued to the games; “there’s always the conundrum of deciding if you should choose a two person game or more. If you think you can convince enough people to join your game or if you should play it safe and choose a two player game so you only have to convince one person to play.”

She absentmindedly finished the rest of her cookie, inspecting her fingers for any trace of leftover chocolate and finding none, brushed them against the leg of her jeans. She was left in an awkward position with a plate in her hand and a trashcan a little ways away when she realized she’d spoken to the male voice beside her but had yet to acknowledge him. Not wanting to seem rude, she kept the plate pinched between two of her fingers on her right hand, said hand hiding itself and the plate just behind her thigh as she turned to her left to introduce herself and was pleasantly surprised to see the form that belonged to the voice was cute, well at least the half she could see.

“I’m sorry,” she began with a warm smile, “I didn’t mean to just jump in there and respond to your statement. I mean it’s not like you were asking me a question or for my input and I just threw my own opinion out there…” she continued in this rambling fashion as her left hand added gestures to her words until she stopped short, her cheeks coloring slightly in embarrassment. “And now I’m rambling and I haven’t even given you a name for you to get my attention with in order to stop what must sound like a train wreck. I’m Danielle and I apologize for sounding crazy.” She stuck her tongue in her cheek as she turned her gaze down to the floor, her cheeks coloring even more. In her opinion, she couldn’t have looked like a bigger fool if she had opened her mouth and had actually stuck her foot in it. So she stood, her right hand fidgeting the plate up and down as she waited for the worst.
PMEmail
^
Serin Hawke
 Posted: Aug 28 2014, 08:12 PM

"Heh, not a problem really. Your not crazy" he stated turning his face to her with a huge smile that made his monkey like ears stand out, his accent coming through clearly. "It's called free speech after all. Multiplayer games are more dynamic, but two player games are more intense. It really does depend on what one wants. I guess in this case when I can't choose a good game to go with is something that can go from two to more. Like UNO, cribbage, yatzee, etc."

Looks back down at the games and thinks a few seconds more before picking up a game and deciding on it since there wasn't anything else to choose from. The kinds of games he would of chose would have been to hard for any normal person to play because most of the ones he'd pick would be role play or trading card.

"I prefer my dungeons and dragons or magic the gathering, but this is fine I suppose." he commented, deciding on the UNO deck. "Close enough after all. Would you like to play?"
PMEmail
^
Danielle Turner
 Posted: Aug 28 2014, 09:53 PM

Advanced Member

She brought her gaze up to meet his as he began to talk. His smile was highly contagious and her own spread across her whole face of its’ own accord, and the accent hit a soft spot within her causing her to melt just a tad. Her gaze moved from his smile to his eyes and was surprised to find traces of bruising around his eye. It was certainly healing, but she felt sympathetic towards him though thought it best not to ask. If he brought it up, that was different so she merely noted his sparkling irises while listening to him. She found her head nodding in agreement at his words, thanking the stars he didn’t think she was crazy, and propped her fist on her hip as she continued to listen to him.

As his gaze returned once more to the table, her own gaze fell to the gaming table, though her thoughts remained on him. She swore she had seen him before, and as she muddled through the many faces she had come across she realized he’d been the one that had caught her attention in the cafeteria. She found it funny that she’d encounter him once more, on a speaking term, only a few short days after he’d caught her attention.

She eyed the UNO deck in his hand and as he mentioned preferring dungeon and dragons and magic, her jaw dropped in surprise as her eyebrows lofted, “Wait,” she began her free hand outstretched, “you play dungeons and dragons and magic?! And I thought bringing my deck would have been fruitless.”

She laughs softly as she nods, “UNO sounds good, let me just throw this away,” she explained while indicating the plate in her hand. Danielle crossed the room in a few short strides and tossed the plate away, brushing any last crumbs off her hands. She scanned the room and once she found an empty table, returned to Serin and pointed it out before making her way towards it.

“I warn you,” she stated as she sat down across from him, “I’m pretty good at this game don’t feel bad if you lose.” She gave him a playful smile as she crossed her hands in front of her waiting for his deal.
PMEmail
^
Serin Hawke
 Posted: Sep 2 2014, 03:07 PM

Someone else who played Dungeons and Dragons, how quaint. Now he'd have to convince her to play against him at some point. He was a strong plane walker with magic the gathering and had ample wizardry for dungeons and dragons. He smiled at her as she came and sat with him, Serin was up for a challenge.

"We'll see about that." Serin smirked and opened the deck. He shuffled the cards casually. "I'm a beast at card games."

He finally split the cards between them and folded over one off the top. "There we go, blue six. Your turn."
PMEmail
^
Danielle Turner
 Posted: Sep 7 2014, 10:02 PM

Advanced Member

After Serin had dealt the cards, Danielle scooped them all up in one swoop before fanning them out in her hands. Her fingers deftly moved the cards around, dividing the cards according to color as she tended to do with just about every card game, well at least the dividing part. Serin drew from the top of the deck to reveal a blue six, her eyes shifted from the card to her hand, her mind contemplating just which card to play. Luckily it was early in the game, and while some strategy could be applied to uno, it was more of a luck of the draw game.

As she looked through her deck, she realized there was one card the two should decide a ruling on, given there were only two people. She gazed across the table at Serin, a broad smile spread across her face, "It has come to my attention that perhaps we should make a ruling on a card before we proceed to much further. Given that this is a two person game, what do you propose we do about the reverse card? As in if you play it, does it reverse back to you or should we just not play with them, discard them when we get one and draw another. I leave the decision to you, you did pick the game after all."

Her brown hued gaze turned once more to her hands filled with the cards, "But first, I am going to play a blue four."
PMEmail
^
Serin Hawke
 Posted: Sep 11 2014, 09:55 PM

"Typically reverse, skip, draws, and those sorts of things revert back to the person that played them. For example if I play a reverse, I get to play another card, or if I play a draw two or four you'd have to draw and I'd get another turn by default." he stated with a smile and played down a red four from his hand. "Red four."

He looked at his cards, only realizing just then that he hadn't given his name, before spoke again, "By the way, the names Serin. I was being bit of a derpy back their at the table and didn't introduce myself. Guess I got a bit excited."

He pulled out a card from his hand and shuffled it behind another card in his hand, "So, um, what brings you to Golden Gate?"

It was a casual inquiry, however, even casual was sometimes more nerve wracking then just that. It made him shift a bit in his seat because of how shy he could end up being. It was almost adorable.

PMEmail
^
Danielle Turner
 Posted: Sep 11 2014, 10:20 PM

Advanced Member

Danielle gave a quick nod of her head as he gave an explanation for the rule he'd decided on, her finger absently playing with cards in her hands as he laid down a red four. She had just pinched her decided card between her fingers when he introduced himself, pulling her gaze from her cards to his face. She gave him a broad smile as she shifted in her seat, "Serin, I like it. Definitely a name I haven't heard before."

She laid down a red eight from her own hand as he asked about Golden Gate and she suddenly realized she hadn't actually considered what reason she'd give when someone asked. Yes she'd come for her biology degree, but she could have earned the same thing at any other school and she couldn't exactly spill the beans that the fact the school also taught magic and what not to a stranger so she was caught off guard. Her lower lip slid under her top lip as she worried at it, shifting the cards in her hands to give her something to do and look at while she tried to decide just what to say.

"That," she began as her leg began to rapidly fidget up and down, "is a good question. I suppose Golden Gate just had the complete package. I can earn my biology degree here, get a taste of what life is like here in California where it's not below freezing during the winter months, and see what life is like without my parent's close by."

She drew a deep breath, and exhaled it slowly through her nose, deciding she had probably given the best answer possible. Her brown hair bounced slightly as she brought her head up to look at Serin, "And you? What did Golden Gate entice you with?"
PMEmail
^
Serin Hawke
 Posted: Sep 14 2014, 08:48 PM

"Mmm...plenty of things. Social life, business...especially in the line of computers and software, theatre, other activities." he stated casually as if nothing bothered him at all and that being who and what he was, was just another day walking the block. The "other activities" was sort of a subtle code word for magic stuff, but to the untrained or the naive eye it could mean recreational sports or something to do with hobbies.

"California was a different venue to for me as well." he informed laying down a red one on the pile. He was wondering where all the reverses, skips, and draws were. They had to be in that damned pile somewhere near the top. He hoped he shuffled right and didn't land with all the good cards near the bottom. "I'm already loving the on campus life. So much goes on, on the dorm grounds that you wouldn't know it was there unless you were on campus almost 24/7. I'm in the Excalibur dorms, what about you?"
PMEmail
^
Danielle Turner
 Posted: Sep 15 2014, 07:42 PM

Advanced Member

Her eyebrow rose in curiosity and interest when he mentioned theater. It was an activity Danielle drew immense enjoyment from, but she knew that until she'd experienced the commitment and time her classes would require, she couldn't contemplate diving in to extracurriculars. When he laid down a red one, her attention was directed once more to her hand and she quickly realized she was out of luck. No red or one card stared back at her, and she would have to draw a card and hope something useful was revealed. She reached for the draw pile as he commented about campus life and once her commented about his dorm, her hand stopped midway for a moment before she could recover and draw a card. Unfortunately it hosted none of the characteristics to make it useful, so she turned her gaze back to Serin.

"I believe it is your turn, you have momentarily stymied me." She collapsed her hand together, all the cards now appearing as one as her hands drew together and her mind worked out the information Serin had given her. Exaclibur was the name of the dorms for the supernatural males, and her mind was now trying to puzzle out what had landed Serin there. "I am living in Legacy actually. I was worried at first because I grew up an only child so having a roommate scared me a little. But I lucked out and managed to receive one whom I already knew but haven't seen in a long time." She absently scratched at a random itch on the back of her neck before speaking once more. "Did you luck out as well with your roommate?" she asked genuinely curious because while she was determined not to say anything, she had still noticed his eye and if his roommate was responsible, well there were always the resident assistants she could try and persuade him to talk to.
PMEmail
^
Serin Hawke
 Posted: Sep 26 2014, 08:39 PM

"I lucked out." he stated at first. "By not having a roommate."

He then laid down a card of the same number but of a different color, then he sat back. A curious look crossed Serin's face as she mentioned Legacy. It was safe to say he could talk to her. All one had to do was mention dorm. Somehow that helped a lot.

"Legacy, nice." he commented. "So your one of the club then."

He gave her a small smile and took out his card swiped a finger over it and revealed what the magic hid, being what he was by card standard. Of course his cards color gave some minor indication, but the revealing of the other info gave exactly what he was. He showed it to her briefly without a word and then pocketed it. He knew he couldn't say it out loud with others around that weren't meant to hear. At least she got to know though right off.

"Your turn." he gave a short laugh as if there was some inside joke when in all reality he was relieved to have met another.
PMEmail
^
Danielle Turner
 Posted: Oct 2 2014, 07:59 PM

Advanced Member

Her brow furrowed in thought as he revealed he had no roommate, allowing her thoughts to contemplate the source of his black eye, but her thoughts were soon brought back to the game when she saw, luckily, he had laid down a green card. She then laid down a green eight, before her gaze trailed from the cards to movement from Serin which revealed his card, at once satisfying her curiosity to the point she knew she sat with another magic user.

She gave a soft chuckle as he pocketed the card and proclaimed it her turn. She gave a quick glance around, removed her card from her jeans pocket and sat it on the table before swiping it with a finger as well, her data revealed in the same way. The whole process was over in moments and confident that he'd seen the information, she quickly pocketed it before her hand once more rested on her cards.

Her face lit up with a cheery smile, excitement bubbling at the pit of her stomach, happy to have met not just another supernatural, but a magic user as well. "You most certainly did luck out by having your own room," she began. "No one to complain you're up studying too late or making too much noise." Her eyebrow rose slightly, her gaze and countenance turning sly as she hoped he got her double understanding.
PMEmail
^
Serin Hawke
 Posted: Oct 12 2014, 06:03 PM

All Serin could do was laugh. As a guy his mind went places not many minds would go, but the thoughts went in normal directions too. However, as much as his mind went to the gutter, he was nothing like most guys. He actually never did anything like that and if he ever did, it would be the first. So having no roommate in that case did make him very thankful. Yet having no roommate at all meant having nothing to share with someone else, especially conversation.

"Eh It's alright I suppose. I mean I guess I could flaunt my white and nerdy self to star trek music and play my online games in peace or run around in my cosplay in my room and not get laughed at. Yet, it actually could get quite lonely. Having no one to talk to especially." he commented. "What about you though? Alone or roommate?"

He gave a look at his cards and realized he didn't have a card to counter.

"Well damn." his accent filled the statement as he picked a card from the top. "Your turn."
PMEmail
^
Danielle Turner
 Posted: Oct 12 2014, 08:34 PM

Advanced Member

Danielle's gaze turned quizzical as she studied Serin and wondered what his reaction in laughter meant. She just shrugged, figuring he had made the logical jump her own mind had done, because without a roommate he could practice magic without worrying about being disruptive. She realized that with Sid as her roommate she at least didn't have to be secretive, but she could imagine the disasters or at least the amount of clean up that might be required if she messed a spell up and Sid might be witness to such sights or even helping Danielle out of an interesting predicament.

As he started to talk, she rested her chin in the palm of her left hand, her left elbow firmly on the table, while a warm smile sat upon her lips. The images his words created made her smile grow wider until he mentioned being lonely. She dropped her hand sitting back up, "But that's just in your room, I mean there's so much to do on campus and there's no rule saying you have to spend a lot of time in your room. Also, there are so many people here, I'm sure you'll be making friends in no time."

She gave another look at her hand, placing another green card on the stack, "Roommate, but she's an old friend, coincidentally enough, that I haven't seen in ages." Her smile faltered slightly as she had the strangest sense of deja vu, causing her to wonder if she'd already mentioned the fact before. But the sense fled as quickly as it had come and her mind started to attempt to discern the origin of his accent.

"I was wondering if you could tell me where you're from. I want to say the accent is British, but with my limited experience I could be wrong."
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned by missy at atf, caution and shine.