WELCOME BACK, Guest ( )
alias here
you talk about yourself here. the things on top are for you to link to your characters' profiles, and i guess choose your favorite face claim for the big images!

also, if you go on for too long, this will scroll and that's pretty legit tbh

alias here
you talk about yourself here. the things on top are for you to link to your characters' profiles, and i guess choose your favorite face claim for the big images!

alias here

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Games? Snacks?! I'm there!, OPEN to college students
Serin Hawke
 Posted: Nov 22 2014, 10:02 PM

Group: Civilian

"Haha, true. I plan to do some theatre while here. That should get me out. A place to be nerdy and not get scrutinized for it." he stated casually with smile. "I'm from Canterbury. So yes its British."

He looked at his cards and took out the one he just pulled and put it on top of hers. It was luckily green and a seven. Serin then laid his hand face down and sat back.

"Kinda miss it, but at the same time don't." he mused. "if I hadn't left, I wouldn't be here. Yet it's still home for me. I have an uncle farther up north on the east coast, but i don't get to see him often. He's a busy man."

He licked his dry lips, "The countryside is nice though, really green in the spring, hah and rainy. Sort of like Washington State I hear or Oregon. Haven't gotten to see much of the States yet. I suppose someday I will though."
PMEmail
^
Danielle Turner
 Posted: Dec 8 2014, 09:05 PM

Advanced Member

Her smile broadened as he described his home, his love for it ringing clear in his tone. She looked back at her hand fanned out in front of her, "I couldn't tell you what those areas are like, I have barely strayed from my home state and when I did, it was to cities just over the border in neighboring states." Her face scrunched slightly as she contemplated her next move, again having no green or seven card. She was starting to think perhaps he'd stacked the deck, she had known one person like that in school, he was scary smart, photographic memory, could stack the deck easily, and if Serin proved to be the same way, well it was no wonder he had said he was a beast at these games.

She reached to draw a card, her gaze meeting his once more, "Your home sounds lovely though. I am a sucker for a rainstorm and a tin roof; it's the perfect place to curl up with a book." She flipped the card towards herself and grinned wickedly, her gaze meeting his momentarily before she laid it on top revealing a draw 4, choose your own color card. "I'm going to say, yellow," she claimed as she sat back in her chair, amusement in her eyes.

"You mentioned an uncle on the coast, did you leave a lot of family back in Canterbury?" she asked while her brows lofted with her question, curious as to the answer and his next move.
PMEmail
^
Serin Hawke
 Posted: Dec 8 2014, 10:27 PM

Serin gave a "damn" look when he saw the draw four part of the wild card. It meant he'd actually have to draw four cards and wait his turn. He drew four cards and not a single one was yellow. That made him give a disapproving look and fold his cards over so they couldn't be seen.

"Yeah I kinda did. I have my mom and dad and sister over there." he stated casually. "And I do miss them dearly, but they accept my being here in the states. They have even planned to visit if they got the time. My uncle though travels between the US and Canada. He's got it easier, being over in New York and all."

He tilted his head to the side in light thought, "As for books...I'd have to agree on the good book and cozy fire and that. I like my reading time. It's wonderful to be able to do that and sit near a window with it open slightly so you can get fresh air in while still keeping it warm with a stoked fire, but you can just barely smell the scent of rain and wet grass waver in from the outside along a cool breeze."
PMEmail
^
Danielle Turner
 Posted: Feb 1 2015, 09:06 PM

Advanced Member

Danielle's hand had hovered above the cards, her next move already chosen, until he began to describe his idea of reading time. His words invoked a clear picture; cuddling up in one's chair with a book, the breeze wafting into the room carrying with it the smell of rain and wet grass, so much to the point her eyes grew distant, a smile creeping across her face, as her imagination took a hold of the image and clung to it. It had yet to rain in the short duration of her residence in San Francisco and she found a piece of herself wanting it badly. Serin's words had simply reminded her of that want and she had gotten lost to her desire and imagination.

The sound of blocks hitting a table and then the floor brought her back to the game at hand, she blinked once as she twisted in her chair to see Jenga blocks littering a table and the floor around it, a few people laughing around it as they picked up the pieces. She turned back around to the game, her hand now removing a card and placing a yellow Skip on top of the table while saying, "Skip." She then laid down a yellow five on top of that with a warm smile.

"Your reading time sounds amazing. Enough to the point that I hope it's raining when I leave here so I can go enjoy it with a good book." Her smile broadened, showing a few pearly whites as she adjusted her flannel shirt, having shifted when she'd twisted around, "Is your sister older or younger, if you don't mind me asking?"
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned by missy at atf, caution and shine.